Search engine optimization (SEO) plays a crucial role in boosting your website’s traffic. That’s why it’s prioritized by many marketers today. More traffic means ranking high in search engines. To be on top of a search engine’s list means that you’ll have a steady flow of site visitors, and potentially convert them into quality leads and customers.
However, before having this ideal scenario, you must have an in-depth understanding about SEO. For one thing, you have to update yourself with search engine algorithms.
Learn how good SEO can help you boost your website traffic by reading below.
Good SEO Use the Right Keywords to Boost Site Traffic
You probably heard it a thousand times. But, yes, the right keywords make the foundation of good SEO. So, you’ve got to have a strategic SEO plan by working with a trusted and reputable marketing consulting. It’s essential to use the right keywords in the title and header tags, as well as your meta descriptions and article content.
Keywords tell search engines, like Google, what your website is all about. That’s why you have to show that your page contains relevant information. It means that the details of your page should be relevant to the keywords that online users type in search engines and what they inquire about.
While you want to use all applicable keywords that high-ranking sites use, be careful when choosing and using keywords. By doing so, you avoid keyword stuffing and being penalized by Google for manipulating keywords just to rank high and increase your site traffic.
Here are the different types of keywords you can use in your content:
- Long-tail keywords: These keywords are usually low-searched words, such as “used car dealership.” While only a few people search such phrases online, you have to think about the intention. For example, the word “cars” is too generic and would mean different things, like children’s animated film, forums, photos, or reviews. By being more specific, “used car dealership,” means that the user is likely looking to purchase used cars. That way, you have a better opportunity of ranking well and attracting more users to visit your site.
- Location-based Keywords: Tell search engines, like Google, where your business is located. You have to include the name of the city and region if you want your website to appear to searchers in specific locations. For instance, if your business is located in Texas, you can say “used car dealership in Texas” included on the body of your blog or article. This technique is more targeted since it increases the chances of your site being displayed on searchers nearby.
Good SEO Can Be Combined With Other Content Marketing Strategies
There’s no magic formula when it comes to successful content marketing. That’s why it’s important to vary the format and length of your content from time to time. Also, don’t forget to incorporate good SEO tactics. By doing so, your web page will be more appealing and will cater to various types of readers. In that way, you’ll have higher site traffic and more sales.
Here are some tips and tricks when combining effective content marketing strategies:
- Intersperse news-based and shorter blog posts with infographics, video, data-driven pieces, and long-form content for maximum impact.
- Incorporate AI-based SEO tactics, so your content will appear on voice searches, such as posting FAQ or Q&A web content.
- Write 1,500 to 2,000-word articles, such as ‘How To” guides. Tutorials are in-demand topics in search engines. Long-form content tends to rank better in organic search as compared to short content.
Good SEO Includes On-Page SEO to Boost Organic Traffic
Good SEO means making the most of every image alt text, creating internal links to your new content, and carefully formulating effective and appealing meta descriptions. It doesn’t take ages to optimize on-page SEO. If you consistently do it, you’ll dramatically boost your site’s organic traffic. Avoid SEO mistakes and do your SEO the right way.
Here are some tips and tricks to boost your organic traffic:
- Perform an SEO data-driven audit. Keep web content that gets a lot of traffic, relevant, and one with a satisfactory conversion rate. Improve content that has the potential to get more traffic or more conversion. Eliminate content without traffic, links, or conversions.
- Prevent keyword cannibalization. You can use SEMrush to check which keywords are ranking on your website. Search for keyword duplication, such as multiple pages that rank for the same keyword. One way to resolve it is to merge web content that’s competing for similar keywords. You can also delete one of them if there are no links and traffic to the web page.
- Scaling question-based keyword research can drive brand awareness and targeted traffic. Aim to land or trigger featured snippets, so your web page appears on top of search engine results pages (SERPs). Snippets have different formats, like bullets, images, or lists. Because snippets are more appealing, they get more impressions, clicks, and traffic.
Good SEO Take Advantage of Social Media to Boost Traffic
Social media channels, like Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn, are also search engines. If you want your brand to be known, you should incorporate SEO tactics with your social media marketing. It’ll also boost your traffic and increase your authority and profile within your industry.
Here are some tips and tricks when incorporating SEO to social media marketing:
- Make sure that all your social profiles are consistently engaging with your audiences.
- Increase your inbound links with social sharing by creating shareable content.
- Gain more followers and collaborate with influencers to boost ranking and traffic.
- Creating more informative and engaging content is better than spammy links and advertising. Post daily, listen to your audience, use relevant images, hold contests, and partner and share links with popular brands.
Good SEO can boost your site traffic using various strategies, such as using long-tail keywords and location-based keywords. Also, prioritizing organic traffic by implementing on-page SEO tactics can help you achieve your business goals because it promotes customer retention.
Of course, never hesitate to incorporate various content marketing strategies, like infographics and Podcast, to provide new and exciting content to your visitors every time.