Affiliate Marketing Training – Part 2
CREATE YOUR OWN PRODUCT AND SELL ON CLICKBANK
Affiliate Marketing Training: What are Information Products?
Here are some of them: Ebook, Audio, Video, and Software. If you are familiar with ClickBank.com or JVZoo.com (online marketplaces for affiliate websites), you will notice that the top 10 selling products are those types of product.
Digital Products! These things sell like crazy!
One of the easiest ways to make money online is to create and sell your own products or services. You can make a future out of having your own business and products. One of the most successful products to sell online is Information Product. People are making billions every year selling Information products. Owning your own product is the best method to make money on the internet. Before you can own a product, you need to create one. Creating a product can seem like a daunting task at first. Many people can’t seem to get started and never make the attempt.
One of the major advantages of owning your own product is that the money that you earn is all yours. You don’t have to share it with anyone else. You can also recruit affiliates to sell your product for you. This allows you to make money without doing any work if you have recruited a sufficient amount of affiliates.
Some of the disadvantages of owning your own product are that you do have to pay for product development. You will have to write, create or outsource the writing of the e-book, video series, manuals, etc. and the sales page. You also have to deal with refund requests, and complaints – hopefully, very few if you deliver on your promises.
Once you become successful with your affiliate marketing websites, it’s only natural to start wondering what life would be like on the other side of the sales page. You know what it takes to set up an affiliate site that converts. Now it’s time to become the product creator and start raking in the big bucks. So, what does it take to create your own product? Is it easy?
Well, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it, right? It will take effort, but knowing the resources available is what it’s all about. That’s why you’re reading this! You’re researching and have what it takes to set yourself apart!
The effort required to create your own product from scratch involves some time and considerable expense. These are some of what you must be prepared for:
- Do the research to create the product
- Test the product
- Create a buzz and get the word out
- Create some Ad Copy sales page
- Launch your product
- Manage customer support
- Deal with returns and refunds
Affiliate Marketing Training Part 2:
A. The Research:
Basically, it just takes an idea, and ideas can come from anywhere. The most obvious is to take a look at some of the products you’re currently promoting. Have you read that eBook about housebreaking your puppy? If you’ve ever raised a puppy, you could probably come up with a few ideas that aren’t in that book. Take that ebook, rewrite it, and include your own ideas and anecdotes. Improve it and take it to the next level.
You can also find ideas by taking a look around at forums or Yahoo Answers or Twitter or Facebook to see what problems people are discussing – what answers are they looking for, what solutions do they need?
Find a topic that you’re familiar with, do some research if necessary, and write an ebook.
Perhaps you have a hobby or a special skill that others would want to learn; like how to build profitable affiliate websites! Or, maybe you’re a good cook, or a good gardener. Just a short while ago, people were laughing at the guy on Clickbank who created the How to Build a Chicken Coop ebook. And he just sold his business for something like $300,000!
Maybe you already have an idea but you just don’t know how to turn it into a sellable product. Most likely, you’ll want to start with a digital product and sell it through Clickbank, because that’s the easiest avenue to start with. If that’s the case, go to any of the popular freelancing sites, such as Elance.com, fiverr.com or Guru.com and advertise for someone who can write your eBook for you or someone who can create the program you have in mind. You can generally find someone for a very reasonable price at any of those sites.
B. Test your product
Once you have a product you should test it before you go all out and sell it. You should release a sample or a few copies of it to a select few people and have them test it for you. Get their feedback and comments. And once you do, refine and improve the product.
Ask if you can use their testimonials. This will help you sell your products much more easily. Once you have had your product tested you’re ready to launch it to the public.
C. Create a buzz
While you are testing your product, you can create a “buzz” by letting people subscribe to a “pre launch” list. Once the product is complete, you can notify this list of eager prospects and make a quick profit. Don’t wait until your product is completely ready to market or promote it. Create a pre-launch site and create a “buzz” and get people to line up to buy your product.
Social management is a fantastic tool for this. Facebook is phenomenal. Discover how to create a Facebook fanpage and promote it effectively. Also, there are several other major social arenas and forums. Search them and begin interacting.
D. Create a High Converting Sales Page – Compelling Ad Copy
You must have your own landing page, the main reason for this is that you are going to be putting a lot of hard work into getting your visitors, and by sending them directly to your affiliate company you will never get their details and if on this first visit you don’t get a sale they are lost forever. This is a major key in affiliate marketing training.
When it comes to strategy, you have two options as an affiliate: an opt-in page or a “pre-sell” page. With an opt-in page, your primary goal is to get a prospect to opt-in to your email newsletter. The purpose of this is to follow-up on your prospect with helpful tips and advice so that you can close them on a sale later. This strategy requires patience, and should be used if you’re selling a product for $50 to $100.
You should go with the pre-sell page model if you’re someone who wants to earn money now and doesn’t have a lot of patience. Also, if you’re product is in the range of $20-$50, then you should choose this route since this is not a lot of money to spend on a product.
Here are the advantages of having your own landing page and what you should put on it. Your landing page should contain the following elements. A review of the product, an opt in form so your visitor can join your list, professional banner images, perhaps even a YouTube Video and testimonials from people who have used the product
Another thing is to provide a free report to your visitor that is related to your offer, you can use it as an incentive for signing up to your list, or give it to sites that provide resalable e books or reports to give you a viral traffic producing item that can bring traffic to you for years . This report should contain a link to your product website or your own site. Once your website visitor has signed up to your list you should write a short series of autoresponder messages, that remind your customer of the product you are promoting, and give them a few nuggets of information about it. That way you have several attempts to recycle your hard earned traffic by getting them to visit your site again and maybe leading them to a buying decision.
E. Launch your product
ClickBank is an affiliate marketplace where you can promote a product and earn revenue online. ClickBank is very popular and more and more people sign up to it each day. But, a lot of affiliates who try to have success with ClickBank fail because they lack the proper knowledge of how to get sales with a particular product. But, this is a great place to market your new creation.
Some of the aspects of launching your own product with Clickbank:
- Affiliate Finder system
- One-click Checkout (their own payment gateway)
- Custom Order Forms
- Sales funnel setups
- Marketing and Promotional materials
- Joint Venture Contracts (with other affiliates)
There is a flat-rate fee for product approval of about $50, but after that, you’re well on your way.
As mentioned before, creating a squeeze page is essential to grab email addresses and use an autoresponder (more on that below) but, to entice visitors to give up their email address, you could create a short PDF document about your product. Web surfers love free stuff!
Launch your product once your testing is done and you’re happy with it. Make sure that your payment processor is setup and your hosting account can handle the spike in traffic and load. Make sure you pick a good date and time. Don’t launch it at 6 am on April fool’s day.
Promotion, promotion and pomotion!
You should try to make sure the traffic you get to your site is targeted, by that I mean the visitor should be interested in your offer before they even arrive at your page. One of the ways to achieve this is by writing articles that relate to your product and submitting them to article directories. Try to submit at least two per week. By continuing this over time you will start to get a steady stream of visitors to your page as well as getting back links appearing all over the place as other website owners and ezine or newsletter publishers use your article as content. It is generally best to start with affiliate marketing and to only work with top affiliate companies such as ClickBank, LinkShare and Commission Junction. These affiliate portals have a great reputation for sending out timely payments.
You should know that the bottom line is traffic, and without traffic to your affiliate offer, you won’t get sales. Before trying to earn money with ClickBank, you should have your own website and should have a good strategy for converting visitors into sales. You’ll learn more about creating traffic in the next step of your affiliate marketing training.
F. Manage Customer Support
Most customers don’t buy on the first visit! They see a products or service they like, but the odds of these individuals ordering it subsequently improve if contacted numerous times by presenting extra material regarding their purchase decision. (Gaining trust and seeing you as an authority) An autoresponder can potentially be set up to convey much more related information at varied time frames and give the web visitor a “call to action”.
Advantages of using an autoresponder include:
- Automatic list building: A newsletter list is definitely a really beneficial marketing and advertising tool because of the fact you will be able to give your subscribers guidelines, reviews, services or products recommendations, send out internet surveys and hold polls. A big list enables you to generate money speedily simply because you’ve a big target audience that has exhibited interest about your offerings.
- Producing automated email marketing campaigns: If you have many niches that need electronic mail advertising and marketing a good autoresponder service allows you to segment your e-mail marketing campaigns. As an example 1 e-mail advertising campaign may possibly be arranged for internet design and development clientele and one more for hosting clients. Conversely you can also send out email to each at the exactly the same time.
- Keep track of conversions: Email autoresponder software program will allow you to keep track of how many individuals read your electronic mail messages. For example if you sent an email to 1000 subscribers and a hundred opened the e-mail message, it would mean that you’ve got a 10% open rate. If you have a multitude of niches that demand electronic mail marketing a high-quality autoresponder service allows you to segment your email campaigns. By way of example, one email campaign may very well be set-up for web development clientele and a second people who have purchased one of your products. As an alternative it’s possible to also send out email to each at the same time.
- Generate repeat business: It is much less difficult to create revenue from buyers who’ve already purchased from you than 1st-time clients. This shows willingness to buy! If you make use of your autoresponder to consistently offer useful strategies and information on a recurring basis, your shoppers will reward you by buying your products recommendations. Automate your email advertising techniques by adding autoresponders. This is huge in your affiliate marketing training! It is going to free up a whole lot more time for you to focus your attention on improving your internet business.
- Put together automatic lessons or classes: Rather than delivering individual tutorials or classes on the internet, produce them in advance then load them up in your autoresponder. You will save a huge amount of time and also have the ability to go take some time off or do other relaxing things while your autoresponder directs the emails to your would-be clients automatically.
Be sure to checkout my affiliate marketing resources for the best autoresponders. I have tested many and the ones I reveal there are the tops on the Net and a crucial part of your online marketing. Next up in your affiliate marketing training will be driving massive amounts of traffic to your new affiliate sites!