If you find yourself in financial trouble, don’t worry a credit repair service can help you out of it. These services do things that you can’t do yourself, but you have to consider the cost of hiring them. They usually cost between hundreds to thousands of bucks.
The Law is on Your Side
In late 1990’s thanks to the high rise of financial scams, the federal law came with a strict requirement every agency has to follow. To operate, a company has to follow these laws:
- Not to take any money from client unless they have delivered what was promised
- A company is obliged to provide a written agreement which mentions every service provided including terms of payment. The law permits consumers to withdraw this contract within three days
- The credit agency is not allowed to ask or suggest you report false information to third parties or change your identity
- They cannot make false claims related to their services
- They are not allowed to ask you sign something that forfeits your rights. They cannot enforce you to sign any waiver
Fixing Your Credit Report
There is nothing best credit repair companies offer that you can’t do yourself. To improve your credit score, you have to understand how the credit score works.
Creditors have to report to Experience and other agencies on a regular basis. This takes up to 30 days or more to update your account status. The lender can use your credit report with other financial information to make important decisions, and consider the risk they take if they lend you money.
The first thing you need to do is consider your credit history, and get a credit scoring model. Afterwards, Learn about your credit utilization rate.
This is the total of your revolving debt which is divided by total credit made available to you. High credit utilization rate can have negative effects. Just keep the credit utilization rate below 30%.
- You can control the rate by reducing your debt by paying off account balance
- You can also increase the total available credit if you raise your credit limit
Work On Your Payment History
Payment history is very important because late or missed payments can kill your credit score. You can improve your score if make timely payments, and shorten your loan tenure. Make sure you won’t miss any upcoming payments. It will put you under a positive light.
The Effects of Negative Score
If you have negative entries on your report, then expect the lenders to hesitate to give you money. They are under the expression you won’t make your payments on time. As a result, they will deny offering a high amount, and long tenure.
If your report has negative information, it will remain there for a long time. You can only change this information if you change your spending habits. We hope this gives you a better insight into how you will struggle to get financial aid with negative credit score.